Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Flog Ttup Ttup

10 bonus points to whoever can guess what flog ttup ttup is before I tell them. Okay, stop a second... think about it....

Okay, if you haven't guessed yet, its putt putt golf spelled backwards and its what me and "my boys" from RFKC like to call it. Well, like I said, me and "my boys" like to play putt putt golf (PPG). We discovered the PPG place at camp and we played 2 rounds of PPG while we were there. (Difficult to do considering how much time we spent swimming and painting our nails!!) But both times we played, we had a hoot just being silly and laughing at skyrocketing balls that were hit a little hard.

Sooo, the boys have been calling me wanting to get together sometime and do something. So I chatted with their parents and we arranged to go golfing. When I got them, they were both very mellow and sorta sedated. But before 4 holes of PPG had gone by, they were crazy and having a ball again. I got to thinking about it and I'm quite content to let them be a little crazy so long as they're not affecting others and/or damaging anything. What's wrong with being a little crazy?? What's wrong with getting wild once and a while?? Well, I guess that's what "my boys" like about me. Or at least that's what I like to think they like about me.

But after we were done, I tried to talk them into hitting some softballs in the batting cages. I figured that whacking a ball with a bat was very manly thing to do and they'd be all over it. But I was surprised, neither one wanted anything to do with whacking little white balls. Instead, they were tons more interested in going to Dairy Queen or getting Frosty's at Wendy's. Now let me tell ya, at camp there was only one time that my boys got a semi-good dosage of sugar. And boy, oh boy did I ever notice it!! C in particular got super whacky and goofy. I loved it. But knowing this, I made the boys call their folks and double verify it was okay to load them with sugar before I dropped them off at home. Both parents assured me it was okay, so off we went to Wendy's for some Frosties.

We had a good time at Wendy's. We talked about Harry Potter and the Search for the Holy Grail (or something of the sorts) and it was fun. Anywho, I need some ideas for something to do with the boys next time. Any ideas???? Drop me a comment and give me some ideas of things to do with "my boys" next time... I'll be sure to give you credit in my highly read blog if I use your idea.

Thanks,

Timmay!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Do you have a go-kart racing place?